Senior Backend Developer (Node.js)
We are currently developing a team of world-class Backend Developers obsessed with Node.js.
Your challenge will be to build a modern, scalable web application using Node.js frameworks (sometimes with TypeScript flavour!) and (No)SQL technologies mostly on AWS Cloud.
You will work (in the Polish time zone!) for one of our US-based clients: Payments.ai, TrueWill, or Tentacle.
We're a team of top performers. 100% of our clients and referrals are from the high-end American IT market.
- Required skills: at least 4 years of commercial experience in Node.js, experience in SQL and NoSQL DBs, a vast knowledge of at least one JS framework (Express.js preferred), SOLID and KISS in your veins, solid knowledge about design and architecture patterns, knowledge about basic AWS services, basic dev-ops skills (Docker, GitHub Actions), a very good command of written and spoken English (CEFR B2+)
- Nice to have: knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies, open-source contributions, Serverless experience, experience in TypeScript and various BE frameworks
- Perks and Benefits: +6 000 PLN / year training budget, + 1500 PLN / quarter for health insurance and sports, Mentoring Program, work on site, hybrid or fully remote
- B2B/UZL: + paid days off
About the role - Technical:
- Writing readable and easy to maintain JS code with OOP flavor
- Have technical involvement in the product - finding ways to improve it
- Being partially responsible and involved in design and modification of the DB structures
- Writing documentation for delivered code
Tools you’ll use:
- Slack, GSuite
- Jira, Confluence, Miro
- Apple MacBook Pro
About the role - Non-Technical:
- Improve and reuse the company’s knowledge base
- Communicate with the team to efficiently translate business complexities (user stories/tasks) into solutions (results/estimations)
- Being a natural leader in terms of Backend - staying on top with trends/news, sharing them, teaching others and aiming for best quality solutions
- Being part in our Phase0 (Discover - Define - Design process for startups and MVPs)
We'll be happy to see that you:
- Know JS - been there, done that - understands most of the concepts, knows how and why JS works as it does, is able to pass this knowledge to others easily
- Have a deep knowledge of at least one Node.js backend framework (Express.js - prefered) - knows APIs/functions/features, thoroughly used them in abstract constructions/utilized keeping good practices, was working on at least 2 projects involving such technologies, have commercial experience in it
- Have knowledge and experience in utilising OOP, keeping good practices, data structures, SOLID, DRY and design patterns
- Have worked with SQL databases (integration and design-wise) utilising ORM or query builder tool (ie. Sequalize, Knex)
- Potentially worked with NoSQL databases and/or in-memory databases and utilized them as a data store
- Worked within AWS stack - used S3, Cognito, SNS, SQS, others
- Have basic experience in Serverless - was running some applications in "the Serverless way"
- Have usage experience with Docker - knows how to prepare and debug the environment and connect things up to work locally
- Open-minded to new challenges (TypeScript, frameworks other than Express, etc)
- Minimum B2 English - documentation/tasks/other reading/writing
- Know why MVP is important and regardless of quick delivery times, wants to do a good job at a high quality level
Senior Backend Developer (Node.js)
Meaningful projects, top-notch experts and value-driven workplaceSound good?
What's coming up next?
5-minutes organizational call
Soft-skills interview with HR and polish-based COO
We will talk about MasterBorn, our Team, your experience and history :)
Recruitment task (optional)
Complete a task so you can see a part of our work - live coding
Technical interview with Senior Specialist
A technical conversation to get to know your skills better and learn about the scope of duties
Feedback and quick decision
Decision and our feedback