Middle Support Engineer
Meet MasterBorn, a world-class software development company driving success for businesses in FinTech, SportsTech, and MedTech, harnessing the power of React, React Native, and Node.js, led by a passionate team committed to client product success.
We are currently improving our world-class service with a Support Engineer role.
Your challenge will be to provide the highest quality level of service and focus on fixing and debugging modern, scalable web applications using Node.js frameworks (with TypeScript) and (No)SQL technologies, mainly on AWS Cloud.
You will work for one of our US-based clients: Payments.AI
We're a team of top performers. 100% of our clients and referrals are from the high-end American IT market.
- Required skills: 2+ years of commercial experience in Node.js, essential experience in SQL and NoSQL DBs, vast knowledge of JS framework (Express.js preferred), SOLID and KISS, knowledge about design and architecture patterns, know-how and why Docker and GitHub Actions works, primary usage of AWS S3 services, detail oriented and problem solver, English B2, available within 14-22 CET/CEST
- Offer: B2B, paid days off, 100% remote (or hybrid/onsite - as you prefer), flexible hours, full-time position, long-term contract, Scrum Teams
- Perks and Benefits: +6 000 PLN / year training budget, + 1500 PLN / quarter for health insurance and sports, Mentoring Program, work on-site, hybrid or fully remote
- Tools you’ll use: Slack, GSuite, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Miro, Apple MacBook Pro
Your future tasks and duties:
- Communicate with the client to gather the issue report and troubleshoot during the afternoon/evening hours (14-22 CET/CEST)
- Reviewing error tracking tools, infrastructure, and 3rd party connections and debugging them as needed
- Prioritizing requests/bugs and solving ongoing client requests
- Pro-active communication and problem-solving skills to provide top-quality service
- Writing readable and easy-to-maintain TS code with different flavors
- Have technical involvement in the product - finding ways to improve it and fixing it
- Direct involvement with the design and modification of basic DB structures
- Writing documentation for delivered code
- Communicate with the team to efficiently translate business complexities (user stories/tasks) into solutions (results/estimations)
- Staying on top of trends/news, sharing them, teaching others, and aiming for the best quality solutions
- Improving and reusing the company’s knowledge base
About you - Tech Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of commercial experience in Node.js
- Experience with AWS allowing debugging of the application- used some services in specific cases
- Good understanding of JS (at least ES 2018), its pros and flaws, used Classes and follows recent additions/functionalities, loves to get deeper with knowledge and know-how
- Good experience with at least one Node.js backend framework (i.e., Express.js - preferred, Koa.js, others) - knows most of its basic APIs/features, was working on at least 1/2 projects involving such technologies.
- Have worked with SQL databases (integration-wise and as a basic design skill) with ORM or query builder tools (i.e., Sequalize, Knex)
- Potentially worked with NoSQL databases and/or in-memory databases and utilized them as a data store
About you - Soft skills:
- English level B2 minimum - direct communication/documentation/tasks/other reading/speaking/writing
- Polish level C1 to communicate efficiently within the team
- Understand the significance of MVP and prioritize the pursuit of excellence and high-quality outcomes, even amid tight project timelines.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and detail orientation to diagnose issues, suggest solutions and make decisions based on project requirements.
Nice to have:
- Past support-level experience, open-source contributions, Serverless experience, experience in TypeScript and various BE frameworks
- Basic experience with Docker - knows how to prepare a basic environment and connect things up to work locally
- Team-Player - worked in Agile/Scrum daily consisting of people with similar skills and monitoring code quality daily
- Ability to debug and fix basic React issues
- Experience as any other support role
Middle Support Engineer
Meaningful projects, top-notch experts and value-driven workplaceSound good?
What's coming up next?
5-minutes organizational call
Soft-skills interview with HR team
We will talk about MasterBorn, our Team, your experience and history :)
Recruitment task (optional)
Complete a task so you can see a part of our work
Technical interview with Senior Specialist
A technical conversation to get to know your skills better and learn about the scope of duties
Feedback and quick decision
Decision and our feedback