Middle Backend Developer (Node.js)
We are currently developing a team of world-class Backend Developers obsessed with Node.js.
Your challenge will be to build a modern, scalable web application using Node.js frameworks (sometimes with TypeScript flavour!) and (No)SQL technologies mostly on AWS Cloud.
You will work (in the Polish time zone!) for one of our US-based clients: Payments.ai, TrueWill, or Tentacle.
We're a team of top performers. 100% of our clients and referrals are from the high-end American IT market.
- Required skills: at least 2 years of commercial experience in Node.js, basic experience in SQL and NoSQL DBs, vast knowledge about at least one JS framework (Express.js preferred), gets what SOLID and KISS stands for, understands design and architecture patterns and why they exists, used AWS S3 and probably other services, know how and why Docker and GitHub Actions works, a very good command of written and spoken English (CEFR B2+)
- Nice to have: knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies, open-source contributions, Serverless experience, experience in TypeScript and various BE frameworks
- Perks and Benefits: +6 000 PLN / year training budget, + 900 PLN / quarter for health insurance and sports, Mentoring Program, work on site, hybrid or fully remote
- B2B: + paid days off
About the role - Technical:
- Writing readable and easy to maintain JS code with OOP flavour
- Have technical involvement in the product - finding ways to improve it
- Direct involvement with design and modification of basic DB structures
- Writing documentation for delivered code
Tools you’ll use:
- Slack, GSuite
- Jira, Confluence, Miro
- Apple MacBook Pro and... Nivona (best coffee machine ever!)
About the role - Non-Technical:
- To improve and reuse the company’s knowledge base
- Communicate with the team to efficiently translate business complexities (user stories/tasks) into solutions (results/estimations)
- Staying on top with trends/news, sharing them, teaching others and aiming for best quality solutions
We'll be happy to see that you:
- Good understanding of JS (at least ES 2018), its pros and flaws, used Classes and follows recent additions/functionalities, loves to get deeper with knowledge and know-how
- Good experience with at least one Node.js backend framework (i.e. Express.js - prefered, Koa.js, others) - knows most of its basic APIs/features, was working on at least 1/2 projects involving such technologies
- Have worked with SQL databases (integration wise and as a basic design skill) with ORM or query builder tool (ie. Sequalize, Knex)
- Potentially worked with NoSQL databases and/or in-memory databases and utilized them as a data store
- English level B2 minimum - documentation/tasks/other reading/writing
Great to have:
- A basic experience with AWS - used some services in specific cases
- A basic experience with Docker - knows how to prepare a basic environment and connect things up to work locally
- Knows why MVP is important and regardless of quick delivery times, wants to do a good job at a quality level
- Team-Player - worked in Agile/Scrum on a daily basis consisting of people with similar skills and monitoring code quality on a daily basis
PLN 11.000 - 16.000
Middle Backend Developer (Node.js)
Meaningful projects, top-notch experts and value-driven workplaceSound good?
What's coming up next?
5-minutes organizational call
Soft-skills interview with HR and polish-based COO
We will talk about MasterBorn, our Team, your experience and history :)
Recruitment task (optional)
Complete a task so you can see a part of our work
Technical interview with Senior Specialist
A technical conversation to get to know your skills better and learn about the scope of duties
Feedback and quick decision
Decision and our feedback